- Act as a liaison between an outsourced internal audit vendor, external auditor, various business units and management ensuring work is performed in accordance with IIA standards and is consistent with the businesses policies and procedures.
- Oversee the design and successful execution of audits included in the internal audit plan and provide strategic and proactive consultation in identifying risk exposures and in evaluating solutions for internal control weaknesses and regulatory compliance issues.
- Supervises internal audits to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, efficiency of operations, and compliance with governmental regulation.
- Address issues during the internal audit process by gathering facts, developing potential solutions, determining the best solutions, and implementing an action plan to solve the problem.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action taken on all significant weaknesses noted in the report.
- Review key internal audit work papers, including planning documents and audit reports, to ensure clear identification and communication of risks and issues prior to presentation to audit committee.
- Executes procedures and reviews work papers supporting external audit of internal controls, business processes, and account balances.
- Works closely with internal clients at all levels in developing audit findings and recommendations regarding business process optimization, internal control and compliance.
- Provide independent and objective assessments of the effectiveness of risk management activities, the internal control environment, and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Participates in the development and implementation of risk assessments and audit plans.
- Oversees key control testing that is completed by the internal audit vendor pursuant to the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX 404) requirements
- Works closely with the Bank’s external audit firm in an effort to coordinate assistance work (“low risk” testing, annual confirmation mailing, etc.)
- Coordinate the annual risk assessment meetings which lead to the audit plan development, audit plan execution, continuous monitoring, and project reviews.
- Attends and presents at the quarterly audit committee meetings.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
- Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.
- Knowledge of organization's internal audit processes, practices and methods.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
- Continuously updates knowledge of current industry events relative to Department responsibilities which include subscriptions, onsite and offsite training opportunities and professional networking events.
- Six plus years of experience in one or a combination of the following: audit, control testing, control and risk identification, or audit analysis
- Four to six years of demonstrated experience managing internal audits and their associated team members, amongst a complex operational and regulatory environment within a large financial institution or audit firm
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, or CISA.
- Leadership experience for professional auditors, risk management, or project leadership professionals
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Regulatory Compliance knowledge and experience is desirable
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective analytical and organization skills including the ability to anticipate issues and to design appropriate solutions
- Demonstrates a broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in internal auditing standards plus a working knowledge of disciplines related to auditable areas
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed