- Review and respond to audits from our internal QC/Compliance Department, outside investor agencies, PMI companies, private auditing firms and various government agencies.
- Assure consistent and timely communication to mortgage staff regarding audit findings and suggest ideas on how to improve loan quality.
- Assist the Sales, Operations and UW managers in researching and resolving compliance issues
- Assist and advise the mortgage trainer on curriculum for new hires and existing staff with respect to important mortgage compliance and regulatory information as well as expected future changes.
- Must comply with laws and regulations applicable to mortgage originations, banking and the Univest Code of Conduct
- Evaluate and adapt to changing regulatory issues as they arise to ensure Univest’s compliance with such laws.
- Perform additional duties as required
- Minimum 5-7 years of mortgage compliance experience required (preferably within a regulated banking institution).
- Must be proficient in all pertinent Federal and State residential mortgage-related laws, regulations, rules and official guidance.
- Efficient at performing research in response to questions raised by the Compliance Department.
- A self-motivated professional with sound judgement in making decisions, solving problems and coping with ongoing changes in response to business needs, an ever-changing regulatory environment, and highly sensitive customer demands.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Encompass, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be well organized with the ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
- Travel may be required from time to time.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed