1. Production of New Business -
• Prospect for new sales opportunities.
• Develop relationships with centers of influence.
• Community involvement
• Develop referral sources.
• Maintaining prospect database.
• Meet with prospects to determine insurance needs.
• Develop proposal for presentation to client.
• Assist in creation of RFP with Account Manager
• Analyze and summarize quotes.
• Decide on coverage recommendations.
• Present proposal and close sale.
• Take applications and coordinate enrollment with Account Manager.
• Assist in transfer of coverages.
• Finalize all details and deliver to Account Manager for installation of case.
• Maintain production reports and attend all sales meetings as required.
• Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
2. Retention of Existing Business -
• Maintain/develop relationship with clients, and serve as primary contact.
• Coordinate and finalize renewals.
• Market case, summarize options, present alternatives, and re-enroll case, as necessary.
• Round out accounts by selling other coverages, where appropriate.
3. Client Service -
• Assist on any technical issues, major problems, as necessary
• Help Account Managers with cases, as needed.
4. Miscellaneous Responsibilities -
• Assist in maximizing/meeting individual sales goal.
• Assist in developing and maintaining carrier relationships.
• Attend seminars/classes to keep current on changes in regulations/benefits/carriers.
• Responsible for cross sale of account, where possible.
• Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
• Perform other specific duties as assigned.
• Responsible for compliance with laws and regulations that apply to this position, including the Univest Code of Conduct